Background: Chlamydophila pneumoniae (formerly Chlamydia pneumoniae) is a Gramnegative obligate intracellular bacterium and has a global distribution. It was formerly thought to be a specific human pathogen, but in the meantime it has also been found in horses, koala, amphibians, reptiles and other animals. In humans, it commonly causes pharyngitis, bronchitis and atypical pneumonia (community-acquired pneumonia, CAP).
Description: BactoReal® Kit Chlamydophila pneumoniae uses real-time PCR for the detection of the ompA gene of Chlamydophila pneumoniae. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: ompA gene of Chlamydophila pneumoniae
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Chlamydophila pneumoniae is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.