Background: Hepatitis D Virus is considered a subviral satellite which depends on Hepatitis B Virus for propagation. Thus it is exclusively affecting patients with already existing Hepatitis B infection. The virus has a worldwide distribution (especially genotype 1, referred to as HDV-I); certain genotypes are endemic in distinct areas, such as the Far East (genotypes IIA and IIB, referred to as HDV-2 and HDV-4, respectively), South America (genotype III, referred to as HDV-3) and Western and Central Africa (genotypes 5, 6, and 7, referred to as HDV-5, HDV-6, and HDV-7, respectively). HDV is causative agent of fulminant hepatitis and may aggravate chronic hepatitis B infection resulting in cirrhosis and liver failure. It is transmitted through body fluids.
Description: ViroReal® Kit HDV uses real-time PCR for the detection of RNA of HDV. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). For best PCR results, the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG) to minimize PCR cross-contamination. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: RNA of HDV
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit HDV is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.