Background: Human herpes virus type 6 (HHV-6) is a double-stranded DNA virus which occurs as two variants (HHV-6 type A and HHV-6 type B). It is a ubiquitous virus infecting nearly 90% of the population before two years of age. The virus is transmitted by droplet infection. Primary infections in children may stay unapparent or can cause threeday fever (also called exanthema subitum, roseola infantum or sixth disease). The three-day fever is mainly due to HHV-6 type B, but can also be caused by the human herpes virus type 7 (HHV-7). The rare primary infection in adults can cause hepatitis and mononucleosis-like disease. After infection, HHV-6 persists in the organism. In immunocompromised hosts, HHV-6 reactivation can cause localized organ disease, organ rejection, encephalitis, pneumonia, hepatitis and leukopenia.
Description: ViroReal® Kit HHV-6A, B uses real-time PCR for the detection of the U65/U66 gene of HHV-6 subtypes A and B. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: U65/U66 gene of HHV-6A, B
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit HHV-6A, B is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.