Background: Coronaviruses are positive single-stranded (+)ssRNA RNA viruses of the family Coronaviridae. Several different strains of coronaviruses are currently known to infect humans (HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, HCoV-HKU1, MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, NcoV and HCoV-EMC). Strains HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, MERS-CoV and HCoV-HKU1 cause cold, upper respiratory infection, bronchiolitis and pneumonia in humans. SARS-CoV causes the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Human Coronavirus alpha uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the N gene of human coronavirus NL63 and 229E. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
|DHUV01153||50||FAM & VIC||CY5||N gene|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: N gene of Human Coronavirus alpha
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Human Coronavirus alpha is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.