Background: Influenza is an acute infectious disease caused by influenza virus A, B or, to a much lesser extent, influenza virus C. Influenza viruses are enveloped viruses with single-stranded, segmented RNA with negative polarity as genome. These viruses can be found worldwide. Epidemics and pandemics are mainly caused by influenza virus A, due to antigenic drift of the hemagglutinin and neuraminidase molecules. Type B and C influenza viruses are isolated almost exclusively from humans, while influenza A viruses infect a wide variety of warm-blooded animals.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Influenza B uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the hemagglutinin gene of influenza B virus. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: hemagglutinin gene of Influenza B
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Declaration of Conformity
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Influenza B is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.