Background: Mycoplasma pneumoniae is a very small bacterium lacking a cell wall. This bacterium has a global distribution and is an obligate pathogen and highly infectious. Transmission occurs through close contact with contaminated respiratory droplets. Mycoplasma pneumoniae infects the mucosal membrane of the respiratory tract and is a common cause of both upper and lower respiratory infections, including tracheobronchitis and primary atypical pneumonia (community-acquired pneumonia, CAP), but it can also cause pharyngitis, meningitis and otitis media.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Mycoplasma pneumoniae uses real-time PCR for the detection of the 16S rRNA gene of Mycoplasma pneumoniae. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: 16S rRNA gene of Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Declaration of Conformity
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Mycoplasma pneumoniae is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.