Background: Human parainfluenzaviruses (HPIV) are enveloped, negative single-stranded RNA viruses (ss(-)RNA) of the family Paramyxoviridae. At present four serotypes are known (types 1, 2, 3, 4). Parainfluenzavirus type 1 and 3 belong to the genus Respirovirus, while parainfluenzavirus type 2 and 4 belong to the genus Rubulavirus. Human parainfluenzavirus type 1 (HPIV-1) is the major cause of acute croup, but can also cause respiratory tract infections at all ages. Human parainfluenzavirus type 2 (HPIV-2) can also cause croup as well as upper and lower respiratory tract illnesses. Human parainfluenzavirus type 3 (HPIV-3) causes bronchiolitis and pneumonia. Human parainfluenzavirus type 4 with the subtypes 4a and 4b is less likely to cause servere disease.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Parainfluenzavirus uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase glycoprotein gene (HN gene) of human parainfluenzavirus types 1, 2, 3 and 4 (HPIV-1, HPIV-2, HPIV-3, HPIV-4). Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
|DHUV01653||50||FAM & VIC/HEX||CY5||HN gene|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: HN gene of Parainfluenzavirus
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Declaration of Conformity
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Parainfluenzavirus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.