Background: Coronaviruses are positive single-stranded RNA viruses of the family Coronaviridae. Several different strains of coronaviruses are currently known to infect humans (HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, HCoV-HKU1, MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2, NcoV and HCoV-EMC). Strains HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, MERS-CoV and HCoV-HKU1 cause cold, upper respiratory infection, bronchiolitis and pneumonia in humans. SARS-CoV, a beta coronavirus, causes the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). SARS-CoV-2 is a beta coronavirus that emerged in Wuhan, China in December 2019. The virus is responsible for the disease COVID-19 (corona virus disease 2019). Fever, cough and breathing difficulties are described as the most frequent initial symptoms, later on it can lead to pneumonia. The coronavirus spreads mainly by droplet and contact transmission. In most of the cases a mild course of infection can be observed, while more severe courses are observed in about 15%-20% of the cases, with a mortality rate of up to 3%.
Description: ViroReal® Kit SARS-CoV-2 & SARS is an in vitro diagnostic test based on one-step reverse transcription real-time PCR. It allows rapid and sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV RNA in samples purified from the respiratory tract. The test is intended to cover possible future changes in the virus sequence, therefore a highly conserved region in all SARS coronavirus clusters of the N gene was chosen as target region. This approach allows universal detection of all so far known SARS-CoV strains including SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-like CoV without discriminating between strains. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: N gene of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix)
ViroReal® Kit SARS-CoV-2 & SARS has been developed for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 instrument (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche), cobas Z 480 Analyzer (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is compatible with other real-time PCR instruments detecting and differentiating fluorescence in FAM and Cy5 channel.