Background: African swine fever virus (ASFV) is the only member of the Asfarviridae family and is a large, double-stranded DNA virus, which replicates in the cytoplasm of infected cells. This virus is the causative agent of African swine fever, a haemorrhagic fever with high mortality rates in domestic pigs, European wild boar and American wild pigs. Its inapparently infected natural hosts (warthogs, bushpigs) act as reservoir hosts for ASFV in Africa. Soft ticks (Ornithodoros) likely act as a vector. ASFV is endemic to sub-Saharan Africa. In the last years outbreaks sporadically occurred also outside Africa.
Description: ViroReal® Kit ASF Virus uses real-time PCR for the detection of the major capsid protein gene p72 of ASFV. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: p72 gene of African Swine Fever Virus
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit ASF Virus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.