Background: Footrot (infectious pododermatitis), is a hoof infection commonly found in sheep, goats, and cattle. It is responsible for the majority of cases of lameness in sheep. In sheep, there are two types of bacteria involved in causing footrot. Dichelobacter nodosus is the main cause of the disease, while Fusobacterium necrophorum is an associated pathogen. The two usually have a synergistic effect together. D. nodosus is an anaerobic, non-sporulating, gram-negative bacterium. F. necrophorum, which is always present in the atmosphere, is an obligate anaerob, gram-negative bacterium and produces a number of exotoxins that damage the hoof of the animal. Fusobacterium necrophorum is classified into subsp. necrophorum and subsp. funduliforme. Replication of the bacteria and disease transmission usually occur under humid and hot weather conditions that are typical of the rainy season.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Footrot uses real-time PCR for the detection of the pnpA gene of Dichelobacter nodosus and gyrB gene of Fusobacter necrophorum. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogens as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
|DVEB06813||100||FAM & VIC/HEX||CY5||pnpA/gyrB|
|DVEB06853||50||FAM & VIC/HEX||CY5||pnpA/gyrB|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: pnpA gene of Dichelobacter nodosus and gyrB gene of Fusobacterium necrophorum.
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix)
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Footrot is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.