Background: Avian mycoplasmosis is caused by several pathogenic mycoplasmae. Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma synoviae are the most important avian pathogens. In addition, Mycoplasma meleagridis and Mycoplasma iowae can also cause disease in poultry, but Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma synoviae are considered the main species of pathogenic mycoplasmae. Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma synoviae cause chronic respiratory disease (CRD) and infectious synovitis of chickens and turkeys especially in the presence of stresses or other respiratory pathogens, causing economic losses due to decrease in growth rate, loss of weight and reduced egg production.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Mycoplasma gallisepticum & synoviae uses multiplex real-time PCR for the detection of the mgc2 gene (cytadhesin-like protein encoding gene) of M. gallisepticum and the vlhA gene (haemagglutinin encoding gene) of M. synoviae. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
|DVEB05713||100||FAM & VIC/HEX||CY5||mgc2+vlhA|
|DVEB05753||50||FAM & VIC/HEX||CY5||mgc2+vlhA|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: mgc2 gene of Mycoplasma gallisepticum and vlhA gene of Mycoplasma synoviae
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Mycoplasma gallisepticum & synoviae is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.