Background: Adenoviruses are non-enveloped, double-stranded, linear DNA viruses (dsDNA) belonging to the family Adenoviridae, genus Mastadenovirus. At present seven human adenovirus species are known (A-G) which are divided in more than 50 serotypes. They can cause diseases of the respiratory tract, but also gastroenteritis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis or diarrhoea. Human adenoviruses have a worldwide distribution.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Adenovirus uses real-time PCR for the detection of the hexon gene of the so far known species A-G of adenovirus. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
Declaration of Conformity
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: hexon gene of Adenovirus
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Adenovirus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.