Background: Chlamydophila psittaci (previously classified as Chlamydia psittaci) is an intracellular bacterium that may cause endemic avian chlamydiosis in feral birds and domesticated poultry, epizootic outbreaks in mammals such as cattle, pigs, sheep and horses, and respiratory psittacosis in humans (also known as parrot fever and ornithosis). It is transmitted by inhalation, contact or ingestion among birds and to mammals. Psittacosis in birds and in humans often starts with flu-like symptoms and becomes a life-threatening pneumonia. Chlamydophila psittaci is present in feces, nasal secretions, and feathers of infected birds. Chlamydophila abortus (previously classified as Chlamydia psittaci serotype 1) is one of the major infectious causes of abortion in sheep, cattle and goats worldwide. Infection has been associated with abortion and other clinical symptoms in humans.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Chlamydophila psittaci/abortus uses real-time PCR for the detection of the omp1 gene of Chlamydophila psittaci and Chlamydophila abortus. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: omp1 gene of Chlamydophila psittaci und Chlamydophila abortus
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Chlamydophila psittaci/abortus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.