Background: Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococci) is a Grampositive, alpha-hemolytic bacterium which can cause pneumonia (community-acquired pneumonia, CAP), bronchitis, otitis media, meningitis and sepsis. Pneumococci commonly colonize the upper human respiratory tract and can also be found in healthy persons (40% und 70%). Transmission occurs through close contact with contaminated respiratory droplets. The risk of a pneumococcal infection is much increased in persons with a weak immune system and elder people.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Streptococcus pneumoniae uses real-time PCR for the detection of theN-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanine amidase (lytA) gene of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG) to minimize PCR cross-contamination. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: lytA gene of Streptococcus pneumoniae
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Declaration of Conformity
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Streptococcus pneumoniae is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.